Friday 4 May 2012

My Assignment (continued)


Influences and Ideas from others
In my sketchbook I looked at different artists that had drawn the places I have been on holiday, originally I was going to incorporate this into my final piece. I decided not to as I am not very confident at drawing, and felt my drawings were not good enough. Also in my sketchbook I have made a section on the different countries I have been to and how they live differently to me. I wrote about France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Turkey and West Wales and how they are important to me. 


Development of Ideas
For my ICT idea I will need to decide:
- what countries I will use
- what photos 
- slide transitions
- titles, captions and credits.


For my non-ICT idea I will also need to decide:
- what photos to use (preferably ones that look similar to postcards)
- what countries I will use to write about
- how I will make the photos look like postcards

I then had to decide how to attach the postcards to the map and what I wanted to write on the postcards. 


Making my project - the whole process
I began by planning my sense of place by making a picture board with what I think means a sense of place. We did this in one of our sessions for Suzie. 
I decided to make my project on an A1 piece of paper, then glued the two pieces of paper together to give it a bit of thickness. 
I drew a map of Europe on the paper by copying a picture which I had found the internet. 
I decided to use Acrylic paints to paint the countries and watercolour to paint the sea. 
After attempting to paint the sea with watercolour I discovered it wasnt very effective and looked too streaky. 
I decided to paint the sea in Acrylic too. 
I painted the sea and then outlined the countries with think black pen and wrote the names of the countries. 
I then began making the postcards, I cut card using pinking shears, I printed out my photos and glued them onto the card. I wrote on the cards why each country is important to me and interesting. 
I made the card look like a postcard by drawing a stamp place and using the same layout as a postcard. I cut up small pieces of string and made holes in the postcards using a hole punch. 
I put string through the card and hung them near the relevant country. They have the writing face down so the picture is showing, and is the main visual feature. You can turn the postcards around to read the descriptions.




And this is my final piece :) 


Throughout this project I had kept my one favourite idea in mind, I really enjoyed this project as it gave me a chance to express myself in a different way. Normally we are assessed by essays or presentations, and although this was a presentation in a way, it was a test of our creativity. It was nice to use lots of colour and images as normally in an essay you dont really get an opportunity to do that. I would have liked to have used both my non ICT and ICT ideas as it would have been nice to show I am willing to use both types of visual communication. But although I didnt use both ideas I still incorporated to use of ICT and non   ICT as I used a camera to take the photos originally, and edited and printed them using a computer. Also the non ICT side to things was my drawing of the map of Europe and painting the countries. I really enjoyed being so creative during this project, and I would definitely like to do something similar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment