Sunday 22 January 2012

Primary School Placement

During my week in work placement, I worked in a Reception class in a Primary school in my hometown, Cardiff. The class had 20 children, 1 teacher, 3 teaching assistants and myself. As it was nearly the end of term the children were getting ready to perform their Christmas concerts. Throughout the week the class had dress rehearsals so not much academic work was done. The children engaged in making Christmas hats and rehearsing their Christmas concert. They had 2 rehearsals and 2 main concerts, all the children's parents came to see the concerts. A lot of the children's activities were play-based as they are young and still developing key social skills. Although I was only there to observe, I had a very hands on week in the classroom, I would take groups of children and lead the activity for example when they were making the Christmas hats. 
I really enjoyed my weeks work experience in the primary school and I liked working with this particular age range. 

No comments:

Post a Comment